A muslim designer made history at Newyork Fashion Week by showing the first-ever collection to feature hijabs in every outfit.

Anniesa Hasibuan, who is a fashion designer from Indonesia paired hijabs with gowns, suits, kimonos and tunics with beautiful velvets, brocades and silks.

Anniesa, 30, thus, becomes the first ever designer to outfit all her models in hijabs at an official Newyork Fashion Week venue. She is also the first Indonesian to show case her designs there.

Hasibuan wrote in a statement to CNN: "I am so proud and thankful for everyone on the team who helped me so this event could happen, and I am thankful to international and local media from Indonesia for exposing my show. I did not realize the result can be this amazing, and I am thrilled and humbled by the welcome reaction given."

The show concluded with a standing ovation from the audience.

Post a Comment

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.