Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova surprised tennis fans at the WTA Finals in Singapore Indoor Stadium, when she took out her pair of scissors and cut off a large chunk of her hair during her match against Agnieszka Radwanska.

Down a break in the final set and battling exhaustion, the Russian took the unconventional route to get herself back into the match. Her bold move paid off as went on to win the match 5-7 6-1 7-5.

After the match, Kuznetsova told reporters she decided to go for the cut because her hair was in the way.
"I was trying to put it behind my headband, but my hair is very thick and heavy," she said. "In the end, when I was hitting the forehands, every time I would hit a good shot... it would hit my eye every time and I was struggling.
"I thought, 'okay, what's more important now - my hair which I can let grow or the match?'
What a way to win a match,

Post a Comment

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.